Be an Orientation Leader
Are you one of those Mountaineers who loves to tell people about WVU?
The Office of Admissions is looking for current WVU students to serve as Orientation Leaders within our Ambassador team for Summer 2020.
Orientation Leaders (OLs) will represent WVU at New Student Orientation. OLs assist prospective students and their families during day-long orientation sessions by showing them around campus, sharing information about West Virginia and providing excellent customer service. OLs should be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about WVU, have excellent communication skills and have a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Act as a resource for incoming students and their families by giving direction, answering questions and/or referring to additional resources.
- Cooperate with staff, faculty, guests and other constituents of WVU to facilitate the success of all aspects of the New Student Orientation programming.
- Lead tours and discussion groups for incoming students and families.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of New Student Orientation.
- Assist in the development of class schedules and registration during advising sessions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Familiarity with WVU and its programs and services
- Strong communication skills
- Responsibility, reliability, confidence and self-motivation
- Customer service-oriented attitude
- Analytical skills with ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Full-time student (not graduating before December 2020)
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Must have the ability
to process for payroll at WVU. Pay for this position is $8.75 with the
potential for increase over time.
- OLs will work June Orientation sessions (Monday-Friday throughout June) as well as several August Orientation sessions, January Orientation and all Open House events from the point of hire forward. Other event opportunities are available, as well as the possibility to work a regular weekly schedule throughout the year in the Office of Admissions. In addition to being available every weekday in June, you must be available for training toward the end of May (exact dates to be determined; however, you will have Memorial Weekend off).
Get an inside look at Orientation
The application for Summer 2020 is open now and will remain open until all positions are filled. Priority deadline to apply is by March 1.
You can apply through Handshake or through this link:
If you have any questions about the application process or the job description, please contact Rachel Daw at email@example.com.