Be an Orientation Leader
Orientation Leader Responsibilities
- Acting as a resource for incoming students and their families by giving direction,
answering questions and/or referring to additional resources.
- Cooperating with staff, faculty, guests and other constituents of WVU to facilitate
the success of all aspects of the New Student Orientation programming.
- Leading tours and discussion groups for incoming students and families.
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of New Student Orientation.
- Assisting in the development of class schedules and registration during advising
- Attending all required training sessions and events.
- Familiarity with WVU and its programs and services
- Strong communication skills
- Responsibility, reliability, confidence and self-motivation
- Customer service-oriented attitude
- Analytical skills with ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Full-time student (not graduating before December 2019)
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Get to know some Orientation Leaders from Summer 2018:
Conditions of Employment
- Work Schedule – Orientation Leaders must be able to work 35 hours per week and remain in Morgantown for the entire month of June (housing will not be provided). Other responsibilities include working all open house events (four per year), August NSO, January NSO, Transfer Academy and other admission events as needed. Dates include but are not limited to: January 3, March 23, April 13, August 14-16 and August 19.
- Training – OLs must complete a series of online trainings and attend all formal
training sessions. Mandatory OL training will begin May 20.
- Summer Classes – OLs must not be enrolled in classes full time during Summer Session I, as a full-time class load interferes with full time work. OLs can only be enrolled in courses part-time and online for Summer Session I. OLs may be enrolled in any number of classes during Summer Session II.
- Job Benefits
- Pay – OLs will be paid $8.75/hour with the potential for increase over time.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided to staff during scheduled work days.
- Uniforms and other WVU gear will be provided.
- OLs will have access to the Student Recreation Center during New Student Orientation.
We are no longer accepting applications for Summer 2019. If you have questions, contact Rachel Daw at email@example.com.